- Tire Shredding & Recycling
- Industrial Rubber Shredding
- Electronic Scrap Shredding
- Hazardous Waste Shredding
- Non-Ferrous Scrap Metal Shredding & Recycling
- Ferrous Scrap Metal Shredding & Recycling
- Waste-to-Energy Recycling
- Industrial Paper Shredding & Recycling
- Industrial Plastics Shredding
- Solid Waste Shredding
- White Goods Recycling
- Other Applications
Tire Shredders & Recycling Equipment
Granutech Saturn Systems offers a complete line of tire shredders and recycling equipment designed to process scrap tires for recycling and repurposing for a variety of applications. With over 50 years of experience developing equipment to provide high quality rubber from scrap tires, Saturn® tire shredders and complementary machines provide cost-effective options for shredding tires, separating rubber from steel and generating granulated or powderized rubber for recycling operations and clean steel. Our staff has decades of experience in the scrap tire industry, and we’ll make sure that the tire shredder equipment we provide you will meet your specific recycling requirements.
Our product line of tire shredders and recycling equipment includes a wide range of custom shredders, grinders and granulators, Excelling in efficiency, durability, and reliability, our equipment can process tires to generate clean rubber crumb, and the finest, cleanest powder rubber for use in a variety of applications including:
- Crumb rubber for playground surfaces
- Rubber powder for sport/turf fields
- Rubberized asphalt paving (rubber modified asphalt*)
- Rubber powder for manufacturing of molded or extruded rubber parts
- Granutech Tire Recycling Systems
- Saturn® Grizzly Super 80
- Saturn® Powderizers
- Saturn® G-4X Refiner Mill
Incorporating shredders, granulators and refiner mills/powderizers
Convert whole scrap tire into high quality crumb rubber with Granutech’s tire granulation systems. Our complete processing systems have a proven track record of providing the cleanest crumb rubber in the industry, with precise sizing control and the widest range of output sizes available. Our custom designs use a variety of conveying and processing technologies to minimize product loss, increase productivity and maintain a clean operating environment. Our crumb rubber systems can generate crumb rubber in the size required for your recycling product, whether it is coarse rubber for playgrounds or finer crumb for artificial turf.
Visit our Recycling Systems page for full details on 2, 3, and 4 stage systems! Learn More »
Saturn® Grizzly Super 80
10 tons per hour
The Grizzly separates rubber and steel during processing while producing incredibly clean rubber. Our unique single-rotor design provides efficient size reduction. Adjustable screen sizes provide flexibility in the final product size, with ranges from 1/2" minus to 1-inch minus, or larger. By producing smaller, more consistent material, the Grizzly improves the performance of downstream equipment, or can replace it entirely. With consistent sizing of the rubber, the resulting rubber is an economic material for use in molding and extruding processes. Learn More »
Using wire-free 1/4" tire chips, Granutech’s Powderizers can produce output sizes from 5/32 to 30 mesh, depending on screen size. They are high output machinery, with rates ranging from 12 pounds per minute to 30 pounds per minute, depending on the screen selection and final output size. Powderized rubber is used for molded and extruded parts. Learn More »
Saturn® Refiner Mills
Our next generation G-4X mill features higher processing speeds of 3 tons per hour and can produce 10 mesh through 80 mesh rubber powder using clean stock from granulator or Powderizer systems, further refining the rubber for high quality rubber material. In addition, the sealed roller bearing design eliminates the need for continuous lubrication, saving up to $25,000 a year in consumables—and reduced energy consumption due to more efficient operation.
Recycling scrap tires requires machinery that can efficiently produce clean rubber in the size that is required for the intended use of the recycled material. Granutech has the experience and knowledge to provide you with the custom solutions to meet your application requirements, allowing you to efficiently and cost-effectively recycle tires. Learn More »
See Our Brochure On Complete Turnkey Solutions
Our line of tire shredders and scrap tire shredding and recycling equipment process a variety of tires:
- Car Tires
- Truck Tires
- Passenger Tires
- Agricultural Tires
- Tractor Tires
- Off Road Tires (OTR)
- Forklift Tires
- Mining Equipment Tires
- Aircraft Tires
Tire Shredding & Recycling Systems
Options for our 2, 3, and 4 stage scrap tire shredding and recycling equipment systems include:
- 2-stage system -- reduces whole tires to steel free mulch material or a low steel fuel quality material. This system solution would typically be comprised of the Saturn Shredder series (dual or quad shaft) plus a grinder (Saturn Grizzly Series- M80 or S80 models).
- 3-stage system -- 2-stage system plus a granulator or a refiner mill. For .5-3mm material output, you would add a Saturn G-4X Refiner Mill.
- 4-stage system -- would reduce all material to 1-3mm if with the addition of a Granutech Powderizer, or all under 1mm with the Saturn G-4X refiner mill.