- Tire Shredding & Recycling
- Industrial Rubber Shredding
- Electronic Scrap Shredding
- Hazardous Waste Shredding
- Non-Ferrous Scrap Metal Shredding & Recycling
- Ferrous Scrap Metal Shredding & Recycling
- Waste-to-Energy Recycling
- Industrial Paper Shredding & Recycling
- Industrial Plastics Shredding
- Solid Waste Shredding
- White Goods Recycling
- Other Applications
Electronic Scrap Shredding (E-Scrap)
Processing electronic scrap (E-Scrap or WEEE) presents special challenges. Computers, consumer electronics, and IT equipment need to be destroyed to extract recyclables or ensure the security and complete destruction of the product. Hard drives, tapes and data storage devices must be completely destroyed to provide data security. And, while many electronic scrap items do not require the specific size reduction that hard drives or other data storage devices require, all electronic scrap includes recoverable materials that can be recycled for future use. As a result, separation and recovery are critical elements of the shredding process for electronic materials.
Examples of E-scrap Materials and Applications:
- Commercial E-Scrap (servers & mainframes, printers & peripherals, digital copy machines, etc.)
- Consumer E-Scrap (PCs, home audio equipment, desktop printers, televisions, cellphones, etc.)
- Hard-drives, data storage devices and mediums
- Product and Security Destruction
- Size Reduction, Material Liberation and Separation
Granutech’s Saturn Shredders provide the precise size reduction required for the destruction of prototypes and data storage devices. Fully integrated separators allow for efficient sorting and reclamation of marketable materials. Whether you are processing consumer electronics, commercial e-scrap or prototypes, our shredders are designed to produce the size reduction you require while seamlessly integrating material separation and recovery for marketable materials.
Saturn’s electronic scrap shredding/E-scrap shredders are low to mid range speed, high torque shredders designed for high volume processing. Integrated separation systems can provide primary and secondary separation and size reduction to prepare materials for sale or disposal.
- Cutter options include size, shape, quantity and material, providing custom shredding for high-security applications
- Custom Blades
- Drives from 50HP to 1,250HP
- Screens or magnets can be used to separate materials after shredding
- Grinder and granulators can be integrated if further sizing is needed
- Ancillary equipment, such as infeed and discharge conveyors, vibration, or rotary screen classifiers and other separation equipment, can be integrated into your system design
Our electronic scrap shredding/E-scrap shredders can process up to 100 tons/hr and provide a wide array of volume reduction requirements. Additionally, grinders are available to handle variable requirements and multi-stage systems
- Primary Shredders for commercial e-scrap processing
Saturn Single Shredder
The most durable single-shaft shredder in the industry, only from Granutech-Saturn Systems, the Roto-Grind industrial shredder is ideal and widely used for various industrial applications. The latest technology is used for this Saturn Roto-Grind shredder and many model sizes are offered with horsepower ranging from 20 hp to 400 hp.
Saturn Dual Shredder
For over 50 years, Saturn dual-shaft shredders have been the market choice for recycling industries. These rugged industrial shredders can handle a wide variety of materials and are ideal for challenging applications that require a broad range of product output sizes. Our dual-shaft shredders are well-suited to stand alone operation or can be used for pre-shredding for further downstream processing.
Saturn Quad-Shaft Shredder
Granutech-Saturn Systems' designs extend to our unique rugged quad-shaft industrial shredders for applications that require uniform size reduction. Granutech’s quad-shaft Saturn shredders lead the market in performance, durability and reliability in evolving applications. Saturn industrial shredders can work with a broad range of materials and Granutech can also custom-design and configure a shredder that will meet your exact material and output requirements.
Saturn Grizzly M80
The Saturn Grizzly M-80 is a size reduction system utilizing a unique staggered knife single rotor design. This durable industrial rubber granulator is easy to maintain and provides incredibly clean rubber and separated steel when processing tires. The Grizzly's unique rotor construction and proprietary blade material allow the greatest size reduction for your materials while minimizing blade cost.
Saturn Grizzly Super 80
The Saturn Grizzly Super 80 by Granutech-Saturn Systems is an industry-leading medium speed grinder that provides efficient, high performance size reduction for processing shredded tires. Granutech’s 50+ years of experience designing size reduction equipment means the Saturn Grizzly Super 80 will be around for many years. It uses a state-of-the-art single rotor design and application configurable screens for exact size reduction. By producing smaller, more consistent material, the Saturn Grizzly Super 80 improves the performance of downstream equipment, or can replace it entirely.