Saturn® Quad-Shaft Shredder
Granutech-Saturn Systems' designs extend to our unique rugged quad-shaft industrial shredders for applications that require uniform size reduction. Granutech’s quad-shaft Saturn shredders lead the market in performance, durability and reliability in evolving applications. Saturn industrial shredders can work with a broad range of materials and Granutech can also custom-design and configure a shredder that will meet your exact material and output requirements.
With over 50 years of experience manufacturing durable, high performance industrial shredders, Granutech has been providing size reduction solutions to meet the evolving application and processing requirements.
PRODUCT OVERVIEW: Saturn quad-shaft shredders are slow speed, high torque shredders with hydraulic or electric. High-performance, durable long-wear blades cut efficiently, minimizing multiple passes through the four-shaft shredder. An integrated sizing screen keeps materials in the cutting area until they reach the desired size, ensuring uniform product sizing.
Features of our Saturn quad-shaft industrial shredders include:
- Choice of drive system (hydraulic or electric design)
- Heavy duty internal gearbox (hydraulic drive only)
- Heavy duty hex shafts
- Custom blade widths and configurations to produce your required sizing
- High alloy blades materials with optional hard-facing to increase cutting effectiveness
- Integral screens ensure uniform particle size
- Shredder material can be fed using conveyor, loader, grapple or forklift
- Standard sizes are available from 44” wide X 44” long up to 75” wide X 75” long to accommodate your specific materials. Custom sizes and designs are available if your application require.
Our engineers can design custom layouts and integrate auxiliary equipment into a complete industrial shredder system to provide the most efficient processing of your waste. Auxiliary equipment includes conveyors, sorters, separators, storage bins, magnets, and further size reduction equipment in both stationary and mobile platforms.
Typical Applications for the Quad-Shaft shredder include:
- Electronic scrap processing
- Aluminum and other non-ferrous metals
- Hazardous waste processing
- Waste-to-energy (WTE) processing & Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF)
- Bulky waste
- Applications that require uniform, small to medium product size.