- Tire Shredding & Recycling
- Industrial Rubber Shredding
- Automobile Crushers
- Electronic Scrap Shredding
- Hazardous Waste Shredding
- Non-Ferrous Scrap Metal Shredding & Recycling
- Ferrous Scrap Metal Shredding & Recycling
- Waste-to-Energy Recycling
- Industrial Paper Shredding & Recycling
- Industrial Plastics Shredding
- Solid Waste Shredding
- White Goods Recycling
- Other Applications
Industrial Rubber Shredding & Recycling
Granutech Saturn Systems has over 40 years’ experience designing and manufacturing world-class shredders for industrial rubber scrap. We have consistently been in the forefront of developing industrial rubber shredding machinery to provide high quality rubber crumb from rubber and tire scrap. Whether your application is processing remainders from rubber molding, shredding rubber scrap or shredding tires, we have the expertise to design a custom scrap rubber recycling equipment solution that meets your exact application and processing requirements.
Our line of Granutech shredders, granulators and refining mills are all industry leaders in efficiency, durability and reliability.
- Granutech Tire Recycling Systems
- Saturn® Grizzly Super 80
- Saturn® G-3 Granulator
- Saturn® Powderizers
- Saturn® G-4X Refiner Mill
Incorporating shredders, granulators and refiner mills/powderizers
Convert whole scrap tire into high quality crumb rubber with Granutech’s tire granulation systems. Our complete processing systems have a proven track record of providing the cleanest crumb rubber in the industry, with precise sizing control and the widest range of output sizes available. Our custom designs use a variety of conveying and processing technologies to minimize product loss, increase productivity and maintain a clean operating environment. Our crumb rubber systems can generate crumb rubber in the size required for your recycling product, whether it is coarse rubber for playgrounds or finer crumb for artificial turf.
Visit our Recycling Systems page for full details on 2, 3, and 4 stage systems! Learn More »
Saturn® Grizzly Super 80
10 tons per hour
The Grizzly separates rubber and steel during processing while producing incredibly clean rubber. Our unique single-rotor design provides efficient size reduction. Adjustable screen sizes provide flexibility in the final product size, with ranges from 1/2" minus to 1-inch minus, or larger. By producing smaller, more consistent material, the Grizzly improves the performance of downstream equipment, or can replace it entirely. With consistent sizing of the rubber, the resulting rubber is an economic material for use in molding and extruding processes. Learn More »
Saturn® G-3 Granulator
The G-3 granulator produces fine mesh product as fine as 10-mesh, ideal for high quality molded rubber parts. Using very low steel (< 5%) 3/4” tire chips, the granulator can produce approximately 6,000 pounds per hour. Learn More »
Using wire-free 1/4" tire chips, Granutech’s Powderizers can produce output sizes from 5/32 to 30 mesh, depending on screen size. They are high output machinery, with rates ranging from 12 pounds per minute to 30 pounds per minute, depending on the screen selection and final output size. Powderized rubber is used for molded and extruded parts. Learn More »
Saturn® Refiner Mills
Our next generation G-4X mill features higher processing speeds of 3 tons per hour and can produce 10 mesh through 80 mesh rubber powder using clean stock from granulator or Powderizer systems, further refining the rubber for high quality rubber material. In addition, the sealed roller bearing design eliminates the need for continuous lubrication, saving up to $25,000 a year in consumables—and reduced energy consumption due to more efficient operation.
Recycling scrap tires requires machinery that can efficiently produce clean rubber in the size that is required for the intended use of the recycled material. Granutech has the experience and knowledge to provide you with the custom solutions to meet your application requirements, allowing you to efficiently and cost-effectively recycle tires. Learn More »
See Our Brochure On Complete Turnkey Solutions
Rubber Tire Recycling Systems
Options for our 2, 3, and 4 stage rubber tire recycling systems include:
- 2-stage system -- reduces whole tires to steel free mulch material or a low steel fuel quality material. This system solution would typically be comprised of the Saturn Shredder series (dual or quad shaft) plus a grinder (Saturn Grizzly Series- M80 or S80 models).
- 3-stage system -- 2-stage system plus a granulator or a refiner mill. If you wish to produce large granulate, and then reduce to a 1-6 mm material output, you would add our Saturn G-3 Granulator; for .5-3mm material output, you would add a Saturn G-4X Refiner Mill.
- 4-stage system -- would reduce all material to 1-3mm if with the addition of a Granutech Powderizer, or all under 1mm with the Saturn G-4X refiner mill.